Thanks for Seeking God With Me.

If you need some Christian Nonfiction books to read, check out 5 Powerful Ways to Show Love and Heroine: Rising to the Challenge on Amazon

Listen and Believe

Proverbs 1:33
“Whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

How can anyone live in today’s society without fear? Only two kinds of people can live without fear: those who know of the dangers, but trust in God’s protection, and those who are unaware of the dangers.

If you focus on the dangers of this life, you can scare yourself right out of your skin. You can worry about the many angry people who do harm to other people. Or you can worry about earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, and tsunamis.

Maybe your fear is centered around a new experience. I remember the first day I tried to get my daughter to walk onto an escalator. I got her to the second floor fairly easily, but going down was . . . memorable.

The escalator wasn’t scary to me or to any of the other shoppers who walked around us while I tried to talk her into walking with me. But my daughter was unreasonably terrified by the moving parts. My hands were full of shopping bags and my baby boy. Eventually, an older woman offered to hold my daughter’s hand on the escalator so we could leave the store. I thanked her repeatedly.

The fear of escalators didn’t last long, but it lasted long enough to prove the proverb right. As long as my daughter refused to listen to me, she was afraid. When she believed my words about her safety, she was more at ease.

When we believe what God says about his arm of protection, we can live in peace, without fear – even if we’re surrounded by the enemy on all sides.

God’s word is truth. When we seek him, we have to believe and obey him.

No comments: